From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 09:47:29 +0000
I didn't see any varroa throughout the summer.  However, now it is
beginning to show up again, although not in great numbers.  I treated
all my hives with Apistan, and don't want to try leaving any untreated
to be a varroa reservoir.  I'd love to try the mineral oil treatment,
but am holding off a little bit until I see more results (positive or
negative).

Jerry - what are the bee researchers doing re mineral oil?  I don't
see any publishing on this as yet.  Is it being ignored or haven't the
data come in yet?

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA