From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 21:01:40 +0900
>When installing a new queen. Which is the best way? In between brood
>frames, on bottom board, on top of brood frames, in a five frame nuc with
>three frames, (brood, honey and pollen).
>I would like your views on installing new queen.
>All answers will be appreiciated.
>Thanks,
>Mark

Provided the exit will not be blocked, I believe between two brood frames is
best so that the queen emerges where queen cells would have been naturally
made and in an area kept warm so that the queen is unlikely to be harmed by
her incarceration. Some introduction cages are designed so that the queen
can be fed by the hive prior to release which assists quick acceptance.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
j.h. & e. mcadam<[log in to unmask]