Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 11:34:15 GMT
>>In overwintered hives you see many times the bees will ignore full fames of
"over winter honey" and jump on the light (nectar consistency) syrup.

It's amazing how they have a lesser tendency to look for rubbing opportunities all the way through May.  I recently left a frame of overwintered honey leaning against a box 20 yards from the colonies for a couple of hours.  There was also honey in some uncapped cells.  It was ignored completely.  We are at the tail end of the black locust flow and the strong hives have been putting on weight quickly.  White clover has also started blooming very early this year.  This would never happen from mid July on!

Waldemar