From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:47:43 -0700
> Now that the "dust has settled" somewhat on the ongoing exchange
> about the bee language hypothesis and associated issues...

Well, that's true, but what I really want to know, Adrian -- from a layman's
perspective -- is if you have any thoughts about the causes, 'purposes',
'functions' and 'meaning' and relationships involved in the curious bee
behaviour that is described as dancing.  Without getting into the problems with
using these words, I wonder if you have any musings on what the dance is all
about.

I've followed your arguments since the '70s or so, and have an original copy of
the Bee Language Controversy, but I wonder what you might have to say today
about the behaviour that has inspired so much human activity and the extent, if
any, to which it is involved in bees finding things?

allen
-----
See if your questions have been answered in over a decade of discussions.
BEE-L archives & more: http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Bee-l.htm
Search sci.agriculture.beekeeping at http://www.deja.com/
or visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee to access both on the same page.