From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:44:41 -0600
> John Iannuzzi wrote:
> >
> > (1) A beefriend wants to know how to use the subject-line
> > chemicals to control T- and V-mites in honeybees.
> > Specifically, how does one cut the material in water
> > and how is the resultant applied?
> > I repeat: this query is NOT mine but posed by a friend.
> >
> In the USA, these substances are not approved at this time for bees,
> if I have my information right.  Therefore there are no procedures for
> cutting them in water or applying them.

There are many procedures that are not legal in the USA, but exist
nontheless.

There are also a number of very legitimate reasons for knowing about
these procedures.

One of them may be that the enquirer does not live under US law (with the
possible exception of Helms-Burton and California civil law which
apparently reaches *everywhere* <grin>).  Another might be that the person
enquiring is a regulator and wants to understand this illegal procedure.

I for one do not live under US law, except when I travel in the USA, and
although the mentioned substances are not permitted for the specified uses
here in Canada either, I understand the need for free interchange of
information.  Although disseminationg knowledge has its risks and costs,
the price of ignorance and censorship is much higher.

I would be interetested in the details.

Allen