Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:28:59 GMT
deposited OA syrup in cells.  There had been no flying weather since
the treatment.
>>How did you know it was OA syrup?

I could not be certain 100% (I did not taste-test it ;-).  It was on
a frame, where there had been no stores at the time of the treatment,
outside of the cluster.  There had been no flying weather and I did
not feed.  It had a whitish-watery appearance.  It looked different
than anything I've ever seen.  The bees seemed to stay away from it.
It disappeared only a few weeks later.

>>OA in nucs is a great way to start relatively mite free colonies.

It's also good for treating unknown swarms.  Going forward I plan to
keep captured bees from any varroa-infested house/tree colonies -
this year there was only 1 in 10 or so - separate from their brood
and treating with OA.  I'll treat the brood with OA after its
emergence.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY