From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:00:53 -0500
On 15-Nov-07, at 10:52 PM, Bob Harrison wrote:

> If as Jim says the queen producers cover your losses then why not?
> You might even come out ahead of the game.
> if both groups come to an agreement than you really do not need to
> involve the USDA and simply depopulate your islands bees and try to
> eleminate all feral colonies. I still say a big waste of time and
> resources and doomed to failure *in the long run* but why involve
> the Usda?

Hi All

Why not ship the bees from your Island to California for almond
pollination, supported by Big Island Queen producers, then let the
powers that be eliminate the feral colonies.  Once you are free of
varroa, have the Queen producers supply you with new "clean" bees.
The money from California should help with losses in production.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada(kinda like Hawaii(160W20S) only colder)
80W44N