From:
EARMAILS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:16:52 -0700
Hi. I am new to the list. I have become the resident beekeeper of the
family since my husband decided he was too busy for his hobby. They are his
bees but I had to take over. I muddle my way through as best as can be.
Something always goes wrong, never fails.

Presently we have four hives out behind in the chickenyard, and hubby and
me have been having hissyfits daily since he is supposed to get the
beehouse into shape for the winter, but he is too busy, and I gotta have
that thing ready pretty soon, as soon as I decide that I want to move them
back to the beehouse for the winter.

The summer has been really lousy and wet and cold most times so I don't
have much hope for a harvest and just hope they have enough storage for the
winter. Usually I have to feed them like crazy from September on.

I am no expert but always have an opinion. I also have a real life donkey,
then there is a pony and a mare. We have chickens, ducks, a goose, dogs,
cats, and live in coexistence with grizzlies, black bears, moose, and
wolves. We are both working at a school on the nearby Indian village. And
when at home we are working on our place. Always something to do.

So I am not a very serious beekeeper but I am the selfappointed beequeen of
the Nass Valley.

This tiny corner of the world has none of those varroa mites yet but now
they have shown up in Terrace BC too (approx. 100 km south of us). I am the
only beekeeper in the valley. There are no other honeybees around here.

                Ma. / Nass Valley - British Columbia CANADA