From:
Geert van Eizenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:53:34 +0200
I have got a problem in cleaning beeswax. I am visiting now and then one of
the countries of Central Africa with Apis Adansonii bees. The wax can really
be called organic: no pesticides, no treatment for diseases, but ... it is
dark and smoky due to the wrong way of harvesting and, afterwards,
separating wax and honey. I would like to help them to clean this in fact,
very fine, product. I tried steaming; it helped somewhat. In a paper
distributed  through FAO, I found the following:

Most commercial operations today use chemicals for bleaching wax or special
absorbent filters. ............... After mixing bone charcoal and Fuller's
earth or diatomaceous earths into liquid wax and agitating for several
hours, impurities are adsorbed and then removed with a filter press. Can
anyone explain to me how this works? Can it be done small scale?
Geert Van Eizenga/Netherlands

--
Attentie: Ik ben niet langer bereikbaar via email-adres geertvaneizenga@home
!!!

Attention: my email ID [log in to unmask]  is no longer available