From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:54:27 -0700
At 11:17 PM 11/29/00 +0000, you wrote:

Glues are available, and the chip that IDs the queen, breeder, year of
purchase, etc. would not be much harder to produce and for large operations
(1000s of hives) could be a valuable database when tied to production, etc.

Granted, the receiver has to be a bit more complicated, but the basic
reciever is a coil (for I'm here) or I'm here and I'm a Buckfast queen from
Magic Apiaries, May  2000.

>An electronic transponder for this task could be much simpler than most
>of the devices being developed for warehouse/supermarket use since it
>only needs to respond with one piece of data "I'm here". The warehouse
>devices need to contain specific information "I'm here and I'm number
>7654321(i.e. I'm unique)".
>One "print" of transponder could be used by every beekeeper in the world
>
>for every one of his queens.
>Durability of the attaching glue may be an issue although the queen does
>
>not "rough-house it" like the workers.
>
>Alan Riach
>Edinburgh, Scotland

Jerry J. Bromenshenk