From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:06:53 -0600
?>Bill has done a lot of experimentation and missionary work with formic on
his own nickel and is not  trying to corner the market with proprietary
methods and lobbying the regulators AFAIK.  He shares what he knows and and
his information should be of considerable interest to those contemplating
formic use in any system.

I agree! I have worked with Bill at his National presentations and believe
Bill has the best interests of beekeepers & beekeeping at heart. Most of
what I have learned about formic has come from Bill and Allen Dick!

Formic has limitations which both share(Bill at his presentations and Allen
at his website). Once understood then formic treatment *in my opinion*
gives good varroa control and the cheapest method around.

I agree there are beekeepers which better stay away from all methods which
require *thinking and careful preparation *but most are plenty capable of
applying formic pads safely.

bob