From:
Jason Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 23:10:31 +0000
> >anyway I would enjoy seeing people thoughts on this topic..

Here in the Ohio River Valley, we call 3 mites per 100 bees a cause to take action because of the the virii that are vectored via the mites. By the time that number reaches 4, 5 or 6 per 100 bees... they are already sick. I personally would be concerned with 3 mites per 100 bees in the fall because by the time January hits, the hive *may* have perished, and if they didn't, the first cold snap in March may take them out.

Last season, I successfully was able to keep my mites loads at 1-2 mites per 100, and 100% (13 colonies) not only survived winter, but built up nicely and made a lot of honey this season.

Jason

SE Indiana