From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 07:56:11 -0400
>As the saturated water pressure depends _about_ exponentially to the air
>temperature, the higher the temperature the larger the evaporative deficit,
>everthing else equal.
>This also means that the _same relative humidity_ will result in higher
evaporative
>deficit at higher than at lower temperatures, everthing else equal.

I think I understand a little of what you are saying here. But most of it
went over my head. Does this require the hive (honeycomb) to be warmer than
the air for maximum transfer? Or is the other way around?

I know that the bees like to keep the brood at around 95 degrees F, but I am
not sure how that would factor into the temperature of the comb in the honey
storage areas. How would evaporation change as the outside temperature
started out lower than the honycomb, and then rose above it as the day got
hotter?