From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 07:53:54 -0700
I've been into the books again, and Gilles Fert in his book 'Breeding
Queens" says regarding thin syrup, which we all know ferments quickly,:

"If the syrup is prepared in advance, 2 drops of potassium sorbate per 100
litres (US quarts) of syrup may be added to prevent fermentation".

Has anyone tried this, or have any idea if there are any side effects on the
bees.  I gather Gilles know what is talking about, but has anyone else used
this trick?

allen

Access over ten years of bee discussions.
Search BEE-L and sci.agriculture.beekeeping at
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/