From:
Jane Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 17:32:14 -0400
Just a bit to add to the discussion on drones is the late fall and
winter....I know I'm late; I've been swarmed with marking :) That
should read "in the late fall and winter."  My friend who has 50 hive,
recently she has downsized from 200, offered me comfort when I phoned
her to ask about these "drones of November."  She said that some years
the drones hang around longer than others, and as well, she has fed
bees in February and seen drones.  The hives, she said, were healthly
and good producers.  This year I have healthy hives, good production,
healthy queens and drones squeezing their way through the winter door.
Some were booted in September.  Many remain.
More mysteries from the bee-zone.
Cheers,  Jane Power thepowerthatbees