From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 12:22:19 -0400
Keith Malone writes:  “It seems to me that the ones dancing around this
issue are those who  are assuming that small cell has everything to do with
SCB, when it is everything working together that makes the difference.”

     The success or lack of success of anything in nature may well be the
result of many factors working together, but the whole idea behind any
scientific analysis is to isolate single known factors to see how much and
what kind of effect they might contribute to the overall picture.  That is
a necessary and worth while persuit.  It is not dancing around the issue to
want to see proof that something like small cell contributes to overall
success, and if so how much, or if there are other factors that have not
been taken into account that can just as reasonably explain that success or
failure for that matter.  To me lumping it all together is dancing around
the issue because the issue is: “Does small cell really contribute much if
anything to successful beekeeping or varroa resistance and if so how
much?”  This takes work involving carefully setting up experiments and
trials with complete detachment from what the results might be.

Dee writes:  “Would think all testers would give same results......If not
then why?”

   There is an answer to this question, Dee.  If you want to know what it
is though you will likely have to dig for it yourself.  It might not be
what you want to hear though so the question is do you really want to
know?  One of those tests might be wrong and it just might be the one that
supports your theory.  Me, I hope you have found the silver bullet, but you
haven't proven it yet.

Best wishes to all,
Steve Noble