From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:36:28 -0400
John and Angie Partin wrote:

> After further research, it was Apistan. The very first strips they came out
> with, when mites first got started and nobody knew what was killing their
> bees, were awesome and lasted like 2 years. That didn't make beekeepers have
> to buy new strips nearly as often as would be desired by the shareholders.
> Then they changed the material that the strips are made of. The first ones
> resembled the material used to make those white flea collars.

Since I have never seen Apistan as white flea collar type strips,
I cannot comment on that, but I can guess that it may have been
MitACure- which comes in a white flea collar-, not Apistan.
MitACure was
taken off the market by the manufacturer. Long story on that. It
was more potent than Apistan but is amatraz, not fluvalinate. And
it was to treat tracheal mites. It is a potent mite killer.

Apistan came in after that through another company. To my
knowledge it has never been white. But, if
Apistan was white at one time, then someone else can pick this
thread up. Otherwise, it will die naturally and be mourned by
none- except those wishing to increase the entrophy of the
universe. Which is one of my continuing contributions to science.
Bill T
Bath, ME