From:
James Kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 00:08:17 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Harry
Goudie <[log in to unmask]> writes
>This whole idea of native / indigenous species
>should be dropped as it has lead to a lot of stupid consequences.
10,000 years is good enough for me since the last ice age receded and
returned bees from SW France. 40,000 for some humans in some areas.
There appears to be continuos selection for traits held by bees of 150
years ago, before races from south of European mountain ranges were
imported to these Isles.
--
James Kilty
Far South Western UK