From:
Cam Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2016 07:49:39 -0500
> I'm not sure of the ramifications in having dead bees incorporated into long term in contact honey storage. Dead decaying bees are nasty though possibly the honey, to some extent, would preserve them.  At best, it doesn't sound very appealing.  It would be a tough sell to my customer base.

I'm not sure how it happened but I had a bee in one of my honey jars I sold to a customer. He noticed it when he opened the jar. This jar was about 6 months old since harvesting. He returned the jar and I replaced it. I fished the dead bee out of the honey [it was well preserved] and ate the honey at our house. It tasted fine and we had no adverse reaction.