Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:35:43 -0700
I want to say Hello to all the Beekeepers out there!  Isn't it great to be
able to
communicate like this via the net.  I find everything about this place quite
exciting.  I started beekeeping last May/96, I caught a wild swarm and
since then have increased to seven hives using only the old swarm's queen.
I am having twenty nuke boxes made and I'm just about ready to put my new
queen cells in.  Last winter I put my hives in the basement of our house, I
really think this might have given the bees an advantage this spring.  It
was about 45 degrees F.  I want to know if anyone out there only uses one brood
chamber?  What is the advantage of having 2 or 3 , could you not just make
certain that you supplied enough honey suppers, so the excess bee population
could hang out there, therfore they would not be crowding the brood box?

Debbie
(from Canada.)