From:
bill fernihough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 21:57:00 PDT

Myron Van de Ven
uxemburg, Wisconsin

I have experienced the same thing.  In fact if you want to increase the
number of hives you have, this is a neat trick to do it.  I suggest you put
on a top opening, ie a bottom board turned upside down.  In about a week or
so you will see a transition of the bees using both entrances.  When the
top entrance has gained a reasonable following, slip a solid board bewteen
the two queens, ie: where the queen excluder is now.  You will then have
two distinct hives.  During the winter, move the top one to a new location.
There you are  a new hive, painlessly.

Bill Fernihough  HONEY is sweeter then wine.