Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:43:56 -0600
Dave Green asks:

> I am also wondering if this is a local thing, a southeastern US thing, or
a general North American thing.

"The return of the feral bee" seems to be quite real here in central
Louisiana, and has been apparent for the past two years.  As far as I know,
we are the only beekeepers in this parish (county), and we're merely small
hobbyists.  The bees that are being noticed and reported to me from all over
the parish must be feral, and not escaped swarms from kept hives.

Walter Weller