From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:25:24 -0600
It's embarrassing.

On that we agree.

Listera?  Hardly even close to the point of contention in the debate on GMO.
Of course the basic safety testing would be the same for both products.
Only a fool would think otherwise.

But that's not where the GMO argument lies, it lies much deeper as in the
long term effects of said food on the body and the environment.  Those test
are non existent.  Try eating apples every day for 20 years to see if its
"safe" and "no long term consequences"  that is the standards some want
applied to GMO.  Those standards are not  applied to other "conventional
foods"

From society that still debates salt in the diet,  eggs,  bacon,  and calls
red meat and hot coffee  "probable cancer causing"  it is embarrassing.

That is NOT to say some basic testing or rules are not warranted,  just that
we need to understand risk assessments,  and not require things of "new
products"  that the old ones will never pass either. We as humans are
getting breather whimsical in our thinking.

Charles