From:
"Mark F. Almond" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 08:37:07 -0700
Charles, I have tryed this any times and it works great. One problem is
the honey and wax will be left in the wall which may cause problems
later.
I leave my set-up for about a week, I go back with a new queen (caged)
and introduce her to the bees. Now you have a working hive of bees.
Leaving the hive there and removing the screen from the opening will
cause the newly hived bees to go back in and rob out the old colony of
all the honey leaving the old queen and a few worker bees left to die.
You would only have the wax left to cause any problems.
Hope this helps.
Mark