From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 08:13:06 +0000
Jerry -

> So far my mail has yielded three pieces of software, one being marketed,
> and two offered for free.  With these exceptions, not only has no one else
> indicated any interest in collaborating on providing some customized
> software, but I have received some rather nasty comments that this is a
> discussion list, not a software design group.

Personally, I think software designed to help one manage their
beekeeping operation is not off the mark for discussion on this list.
My guess is that after repeated discussion on this topic with little
response, one might conclude that most on this list don't have a need
for a computer based beekeeping program.

I know the last thing I need is another program that requires data to be
gathered and input as I already spend too much time in front of my
monitor with my database software that I use for my business.  I would
think this software would find the most usefulness amoung the commercial
beekeepers on this list or those with large numbers of hives (more than
50). I don't think you should take the "silence" as being something
directed at you.  My silence isn't intended to throw cold water on your
idea.  I can't speak for those who did contact you privately as that is
between you and them. Another factor is time.  I imagine most people
don't have much extra time right now to put into designing some custom
software for something that probably isn't vital to their needs.

Anyway, that's my take on this thread.

Regards

-Barry

--