From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:51:16 +1000
> Irradiation Recommended to Reduce Beeswax Contamination

I read the article with interest.  Several questions were raised in my mind.

What dose rate was used?  I know it says food grade dose but what was that
in say KGY's?

I remember that in the early stages of CCD, some hives (Dave Hackenberg's?)
were irradiated and it was found that the bees came away better than those
on non irradiated combs.  Could this have been the reason?

If a food grade dosage reduced the levels of contamination by half, would a
higher dosage break down the residue level more than 50%?

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA