Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:23:32 GMT+0200
Hi Andy and All

Thanks for that great bit of humour about the bee science industry!!

I personally aggree fully with you that there is a stong tendency
among bee scientists to use silly superlatives to get a piece of the
little research grant given to social insects every year anywhere in
the world.

Thats why I have avoided becoming part of the established south
african bee science fraternity, as there is so much infighting that
the little bit of research data which gets out is not worth the time
and stress put into it. I gather it is so for much of the rest of the
world too.

To all other people out there who favour a carreer in bee science, I
think the thing is too look at the beehive as a product not a
mystery. And most of the bee research done up to present could have
been done for a fraction of the cost if bees were seen as a
collection of cells and not as a collection of insects.

Keep well

Garth

Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey

After careful consideration, I have decided that if I am ever a V.I.P
the I. may not stand for important.
(rather influential, ignorant, idiotic, intelectual, illadvised etc)