From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 13:58:51 -0400
Wonderful honey!!!!  My beekeeping family calls this tree "honey locust".

In the St. Lawrence Valley where I keep my bees (Canadian border) we have lots of these trees.  The leaves appear before the blooms.  In Ithaca NY (where I live) and Aurora NY (where I work) the trees this year are blooming spectacularly right now.  The scent is heady.

The St. Lawrence trees haven't bloomed yet.  I can hardly wait...they are among my favorites.  The honey is incredible...delicate, scented, doesn't granulate....it's one of the beekeeper's dream honeys.

Ever the optimist....here's to a good honey year!  :)

Christina....who has extra time today as she was dismissed from duty during jury selection for a DWI case, because she knows too much about alcohol's effects on the human body.  Our justice system....got to love it.