From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:17:21 -0500
I asked for the following information for my personal consideration, and
thought others may be interested:

SUCCESSFUL QUEEN REARING
SHORT COURSE
University of Minnesota
July 21-23, 2000

Why not rear your own queens?  The University of Minnesota Queen Rearing
short course teaches one method of rearing queens that works consistently
for both hobby and commercial beekeepers.  Topics covered include queen and
drone biology, timing of queen rearing in northern climates, stock
selection, setting up mating yards, and record keeping.
Everyone will have a chance to try their hand at grafting larvae and raising
their own queens.  A unique feature of the course is the section on queen
rearing equipment designs that will allow you to build your own!
The cost for the 2 1/2 day course is $75 which includes a 80 page
manual, lunch, and refreshments.  Those attending the course may
purchase a professional video demonstrating the queen rearing techniques at
a discount price of $30.

The course is taught by Dr. Marla Spivak and Mr. Gary S. Reuter on the St.
Paul campus of the University of Minnesota.  For further information and
registration brochures, please call, write, e-mail or visit our web site.
(612) 624-3636

Department of Entomology
1980 Fowell Ave.  Room 219
University of Minnesota
St. Paul, MN  55108-6125

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web site: www.entomology.umn.edu/

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
www.rossrounds.com