From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:02:30 -0800
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Otherwise, the inspector could set up rules that only favor the
inspector's operation.

Even beekeeper's vote. Plus, you can tell the legislator you have 50,000 employees in each of your many plants, and they can get angry when treated poorly.

Here in Alabama our two (2) inspectors are under the supervision of the director of the inspection program.  There is no way that they can set up rules of operation.  That has to go through the director's domain.  The director is also part of the state agriculture section.  Even he can't make rule changes without explaining the current rule, the proposed revision to the rule or new rule, and substatiate the reasons for the rule change.

I 'LIKE' the idea of telling my legislator that I have anywhere from 20K to 60K employees in each of my production plants.  You can always tell the legislator that they can get as mad as a nest of hornets when banged on with a stick.  :)

Mike in southern Alabama