From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2018 12:49:08 -0800

> >Installing very late in the day and then rain for a few days is best, if
> you can arrange it.

It's easy to repeat beekeeping truisms.  I try to avoid doing so unless
I've seen evidence to back them up.

I'm familiar with the huge drifting issue when installing packages during
flight weather, but question any advantage to settling longer than
overnight.

Has anyone on the List seen any evidence that a settling period longer than
overnight would make any difference at all?

I question how additional time in the hive, once the bees are settled,
would later affect their first orientation flights.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA