From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2018 08:59:16 -0800
> > OVA apparatus...is faster per hive than any alternative and with
> reasonable safety precautions it is as safe as any other treatment method
> and probably safer than some alternatives such as thymol.

I've used all of the above.  The fastest for us is OA dribble, at less than
30 sec for a double, with better efficacy than a single vaporization.

As far as safety, me and all my crew, after years of experience with all
the aforementioned methods,  feel that OAV is the most hazardous to the
operator.

> >When you get to a few hundred hives one of the OA blasters that costs a
> couple of thousand $ becomes real attractive as it reduces treatment times
> to a few seconds per hive.  Under ten seconds per hive from what I hear.

I strongly question the penetration of OAV into the cluster with such a
quick application.  I hope to provide hard data on this next season.
Medhat has already investigated this deeply.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA