From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 07:30:25 -0700
>I would like to explore additives we could use in our syrup that we feed
in early spring

> and fall. Any ideas?

Kirk, I get approached by all kinds of vendors with herbal or other natural
products that they claim will make colonies healthier.  I've run field
trials of some, and currently have nearly 300 hives in trials testing three
different products, and am working on a contract to test others this
season.  I can assure you that when a product is proven effective, that the
manufacturer will be advertising it with verifiable data to back up the
claims!

> >Where can I send a sample to get analyzed for virus? And how does one
> prepare the sample for shipment?

Best handling is quick freezing and holding frozen, although samples can be
dried, or if shipped quickly, sent live in a ziplock bag.  Easiest is to
Dave Wick  "Dave Wick" <[log in to unmask]>.  His analysis has not been
fully verified, but appears to be accurate to me.  Dave is quick and easy
to work with.

Otherwise, you'd likely need to beg for some bee research lab to test.
 Will send you suggestion off list.

Randy
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA