From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:31:58 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

will be  happy to share the video sequence
deptecting the grooming of a mite with  you if I should be so lucky to
capture the  event.

Joe,

Have you, with your own eyes, seen bees damaging mites when grooming?   We
were informed in a lecture last weekend that the damage done to mites is post
mortem.  If this information is correct there isn't much point in selecting  on
the basis of damaged mites found under the mesh floor.

If you manage to capture video pictures of bees damaging mites it would
settle a lot of doubts.

Chris