From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:28:03 -0800
--- On Mon, 2/27/12, Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am looking for a thermostat to use in liquefying
> crystalized honey in the wax comb.

reply:
Just a regular home/house thermostate will work.

continuing:
> Has anyone done this? What temperature does the honey start
> to liquefy? What temperature does the wax begin to melt or
> distort? Where can I purchase one that will do the task?

reply;
For a normal hot room supers used to be put in normally 100F - 105F is fine though it will take a few days to do, but comb should be okay.

You want to go faster,.........DONT ever go above 115F to 120F range. and then when extracting you have to let cool down after going this hot, back to even 100F range or 90F range for day thereabouts for wax to get harder.
But honey will stay liquid for extracting.

Honey will reset up with lower settihg and with the higher it will still set though will take several months.

Dee A. Lusby