From:
The Bankses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 18:04:08 -0500
This issue was addressed in American Bee Journal a few months ago.  Jerry
Hayes, who writes "The Classroom" column, says that although it is
possible, it is rarely economical to heat a beehive based on the retail
price of honey.

He further adds that healthy honey bees provided with adequate honey
stores can withstand the very severe winters in North America.  And if
heat is added, the bees become more active and  eat more honey, among
other things.

Wahkon