From:
Steve Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2016 17:38:29 +0100
> According to Dr Thomas honeybee is the commonly accepted construction of the word if you live in England or Europe but in the US the appropriate construction is honey bee.
>
> In fact that is what we learn at school when we study entomology.
> Medhat Nasr
> Alberta Canada

I keep bees in the UK , having learned bee keeping in England, and honey
bee written as one word just looks weird to me.  I don't know anyone who
does not use 2 words.  As for "queen extruder" any hapless beginner
learning from a book that uses that term is likely to make themselves
look foolish if they ever use the term in public.  You can't do that to
the poor souls!  Does anyone have views on Beekeeper or bee keeper?
Perhaps I should get me coat (English joke).

Steve Rose, N Wales

---