From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:45:20 -0400
Off topic but is the intermediate class going to be open soon??Charles

The UM/SELL Apprentice Class (April 7-May 9) is up and running and full up. We've a waiting list, so we are going to open a new section May 18-June 20.  We'll re-run the Apprentice Course in the Fall.  We need to Launch the Journeyman (Intermediate Level) this summer.  SELL is asking for a date, so you're not the only one.

The videos, animations, and Forums for the Journeyman Class are nearly complete - it's only my part that remains to be finished, and I've been traveling, in part to film material for the Journeyman level.  I'm now dealing with a family medical issue, which may or may not cause a further delay.  We were supposed to be done by start of this month, but we're close.

I anticipate the course will launch mid-summer, after we finish the Apprentice Class.  We overlapped On-Line and Face-to-Face courses last summer - which ran us ragged.  It takes us about a year to develop each level, shoot all the video, make the animations.  Soon as we finish the Journeyman, I'll start the development work on the Masters, which will involve the  Business School and Missoula College.

I just spent two weeks at Olivarez Honey Farms.  They have over 50,000 mini-nucs.  I've a ton of video and stills from that trip.  The queen production part of the Journeyman class is going to get some really nice imagery.  In the meantime, anyone taking the Journeyman course will need access to or will have to purchase a 400x microscope.  Also, you need to obtain a copy of the Johansen and Mayer Pollinator Protection book from Larry Conner.  We use a Canadian text - which can be hard to obtain; I'll talk to Larry about stocking it.

Jerry