From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:15:30 -0500
> Last fall I broke my heel bone.  I was in a cast from August 30 to
> December
> and it is still a problem.

Despite the equipment we use beekeeping is hard work. I have another hernia
which will need fixing at seasons end. Three in six years and a rotator cuff
surgery. I am surprised i got the new problem as I have a helper which goes
with me to the yards. Six foot three and 280 pounds of muscle in his
twenties. His only job is to follow me and do the lifting for me. My new
problem
is my own fault for not letting my helper do the job I hired him to do!
Best of luck with the heel Stan!

   But anyway,  I know that I am addicted
> to bees and I will probably just keep at it, for as long as I can continue
> to afford to pay for my habit and limp around the fields.

Did you hear about the commercial beekeeper which won the lottery Stan? When
the news media asked what the commercial beekeeper planned to do with the
money the beekeeper replied he was going to keep on doing commercial
beekeeping until the money ran out!

bob