Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:11:17 GMT
>I am looking for a means of IDing the offending group.  I need a creative solution.  Any help?

On the rare occasion that I have had an overly defensive colony, one can typically tell it immediately upon lifting the cover of the hive! Unless a beek has only ever worked such hives, the girls will be all over them, banging into their face, working into the folds of your cuffs stinging away, and heaven forbid you accidently left them even a quarter of an inch opening, because they WILL find it. I find it hard to believe the beekeeper with the offending colony doesn't KNOW he/she is the owner!