From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:20:21 +0000
Andreas Kasenides asked:
> What is the active content in Bayvarol? Does it also come in strips?
> In Cyprus everybody has been using Mavrik in liquid form which is also a
> fluvalinate based drug like Apistan. Only recently has Apistan showed up.

The active ingredient in Bayvarol is flumethrin.  It's supplied in
slow release plastic strips just like Apistan.  The price also appears
to be similar.  I can buy it for GBP 4.60 (US$ 7.30) for a pack of 4
strips.

Does anyone know why some countries have approved Apistan and others
Bayvarol?  It would be much better if we all had access to both to
apply in alternate years in order to reduce the likelihood of resistance
developing.  The only country I'm aware of where both are approved is
Austria.

--
Malcolm Roe                                Phone  :  +44 1442 345104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd                  Fax    :  +44 1442 343000