From:
RICHARD BARNES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:08:17 -0600
Point of interest.

The money sent to help Mr. Ford will not be tax deductable and Mr. Ford will
have to declare the money as unearned income and pay state/federal income
tax.  He will have some deduction from the business to offset the monies,
but certain limitation will be in effect.

I agree more with the setting up a "crime stoppers" type fund to help find
the vandals.  If someone got into the hives and poured a liquid on the
frames then they would have had to be out in the bees.  Not just a truck
running over the hives.  Even in the cold the bees will protect their hives.
Who ever did the vandalism must have known how to work with bees or how to
stay protected while pouring the liquid or got a lot of stings.

Another question:  Is the money going to Mr. Ford or to the beekeeper who
leased the hives to Mr. Ford.  If the money is going to the "owner of the
hives" shouldn't we know his name and send the money to him in Mr. Ford's name?

Richard Barnes