From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 11:42:24 -0400
"Bees will need to be in a multifloral region at least part of the year....."

Before learning the hard way about nutrition and a balanced diet, for the first three months of my freshman year in college I lived on Chef Boyardee canned beef ravioli (so good tasting and so good for you).  If bees could possibly get half as sick as I got from eating the same thing every day, I will be forever grateful I am located in a diverse, floral environment.  Although, now that the first wave of goldenrod is popping,  I suppose they will be on a fairly mono-pollen diet for a while.  But, you have to look at the bigger picture of what they have had all season long, right?  In aggregate, it's quite a mix around here.

Hmmm, what's for lunch?

Bill
Claremont, NH
+43.35687 +43° 21’ 25”