Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:04:22 -0400
Walter Patton wrote:
> Is everyone ready for the national honey board to start collecting .01
> cents/lb from the producer as well as the first handler. Thats whats going to
> happen.

Walter, (et al) I'm not sure of your argument, so hopefully I can be
educated here.

I just got some thing from the NHB and was very pleased with their
literature and items.  I don't produce enough honey but I work with a
man who yielded about 5600lbs this year.  At .01¢/lb he would putt out
$56.00US. If he get his asking $3.00/lb he grosses $16,800.  He would
invest 0.3%, that's three tenths of one percent of his gross towards
advertising, access to marketing information. That's less than what he
has to pay for his business license.

I also believe that being a member is totally voluntary.

OK I'm naive on this but I was willing to pay the NHB just to get some
of the free to members information that they have.  It'a a great sourse
of educational material for when I go to schools and things.

Educate us newbees .... What is really so bad about the National Honey
Board?

Al Welk - Atlanta, GA, 2nd year, own 2 hives/ work 200 with a friend.