From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2015 08:10:29 -0800
I recently visited a small queen producer in Ohio.  She showed me a breeder
queen colony that she claimed that she had held without treatment for 5
years.  I have no reason to doubt her claim, as she appeared to keep decent
records.

I regularly get feedback from California of nucs that I've sold that grow
into colonies that survive for three years without treatment.

However, in my own yards, few if any colonies would make it through a
second year without mite treatment.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA