From:
Peter John Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter John Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:10:25 -0500
Greetings,
if l remember correctly, is not 1 litre of water weighing 1 kilogram??  If
so, then a 2 to 1 syrup mix requires 1 kg. of water (1 litre) to 2 kgs. of
sugar. Correct me if l am wrong, please. When l used to mix syrup, l would
take 15 x 40kg. sacks of sugar (600kgs) and mix that with 300 litres of
water, therefore 2 to 1.  Of course, now l am much to lazy to mix syrup, and
order syrup ready mixed. This year l purchased six tonnes of fructose and
hope that the bees pass the cold Canadian winter in good form.  It would
appear that the internet has changed communication but not weights and
measures.Are there still people out there weighing sugar in lbs.,
stones,quarters and hundredweights??
Peter.