From:
JeanLouis Adant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 07:03:41 -0600
Subject: Jean-Marie's "NOUGAT" recipe

Hi Bee-Liners! Bonjour Jean-Marie!

What a nice surprise! Although I live in Quebec, I was born in
Belgium (Anderlues). Here we speak french for 84% of the 7 millions
of us and many of us dont feel very canadian... but it is another
story.

I love NOUGAT (my teeth dont) and I am pretty sure there would be
a big market for it here. It could sell in all North America...
Maybe instead of trying to start beekeeping, I should start a
NOUGAT business. I can buy all the honey I want from my neigbour
beekeeper at 80 canadian cents a pound.

What is the wholesale price of honey in Belgium? NOUGAT is made
mostly in Montelimar, France. Where did you get the recipe from?
They also have it in Xixona, Spain, it is called Turron, but it is
a little different. Would you also have the turron recipe?

What may be difficult to find are the "ostie" sheets. The french
word ostie is used for what you receive in your mouth at the
communion in the church (white bread that looks like paper). It
prevent the nougat to stick to your fingers. Anybody knows what it
is in english? Is it "unleavened bread" as in another recipe?

Do you have bees? Where do you live? Too bad Internet cannot
handles the french or spanish accents correctly.

I made many friends thru Internet and I met some of them when they
visit Montreal. We are not very far from our listserver in Albany.

Jean-Louis near Montreal (Qc)