From:
George Styer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:02:56 -0700
Unless you are marking your queens, you don't know that the queen you saw
is the same one you saw last time you inspected. It could very well be that
this is a new supercedure queen that has not yet mated or begun to lay.
Check again in a couple of weeks for brood.

I have had a bear of a time with unmated supercedure queens in one of my
hives this year. Marking your queens is about the most helpful thing you
can do for yourself.