From:
Ron & Eefje <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:58:54 +0100
While on the subject of Nosema:

Some of us should perhaps be made aware of the fact that the Nosematidae
family has through history produced about 100 names of which Nosema apis
Zander and Nosema ceranae are just 2. Most have their own hosts, spore
sizes, coils in the spore etc. and some can even find their way inside
us humans!
About two years ago I made a study of the Nosema family and collected
some of the information in a spreadsheet that can now be found at:
http://resurfacingscan.be/bee/enosema.htm
I don't believe that anyone else has ever put "them" side by side in
this way.......
Pleasenot, I lost the most recent spreadsheet and some data in a
computer crash a year ago, so some reference links got lost...if anyone
wondered.

Ron van Mierlo