From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:23:46 EDT
Randy and all.

I've a set of slides from Robb to present to the MT beekeepers  tomorrow.
Dr. Cramer will be at the CA Beekeepers to present his work on  the Nosemas.

One additional point, Robb sees two populations of Nosema in all bee
samples.  One is composed of smaller spores, one of larger.  He thinks  the
difference may be viable versus inviable (dead) spores, but I don't think he  can rule
out morphological differences, since a study of a bumble bee Nosema  found two
types of spores.

Anyway, Robb's the expert.  However, based on  spore size, he  might have two
different variations in size from the same Nosema, or live versus  dead, or
even a different species, since his general PCR for Nosema gets some  hits that
aren't N. apis, nor N. ceranae.

So, really tough to sort these out by eye.

Jerry
**************BUY Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD
today!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209326865x1200539441/aol?redir=http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html)